Laser Alexandrite - Men
Get rid of unwanted hair growth and bursitis, quickly and painlessly, with LASER hair removal.
• LASER Αlexandrite is more suitable for light skin.
• Diode LASER is more suitable for darker or tanned skin.
The right choice of LASER or IPL system is mainly based on:
• skin colour
• hair color and size
• of the area to be depilated (androgen-dependent or not area)
For body hair removal, sometimes the combination of the two LASERs is suggested for optimal results.
For face hair removal, we mainly combine IPL – ELOS, Diode LASER and if there is blond or white hair, we also combine Electric Hair Removal with a needle.
LASER hair removal technology is constantly evolving and improving in terms of safety and effectiveness for all skin types.
At Nefer Beauty Salon & Diet Centre
we provide all the methods of IPL hair removal, with the safest and newest machines on the market (LASER Alexandrite by Candela, Diode LASER by Soprano, Aurora ELOS by Syneron), operated by our Beauticians, all graduates of the Technological Educational Institute!
LASER Hair removal - Alexandrite by Candela
What is Laser Alexandrite?
LASER Alexandrite emits with a wavelength of 755nm.
It is selectively absorbed by the melanin of the hair, it is led to its root and causes thermal necrosis of the hair follicle due to the destruction of its regenerative cells.
It is suitable for skin types I to III, i.e for very light skin that does not tan easily and burns easily.
Not suitable for summer months on tanned skin.
How many sessions are required?
Hair disappears within 8 sessions at most. The frequency of the visits are as follows: the first 2 – 3 sessions every 1 or 2 months and the remaining ones every 2 or 3 months, i.e. when hair appears again.
When there is a hormonal disorder (e.g. elevated androgens), we notice an increase in hair growth particularly on the face, thighs, belly etc. In these cases, we can not talk about elimination but limitation of hair growth.
When this happens, we recommend regular monitoring by an endocrinologist in order to regulate the endocrine problem.
LASER Alexandrite hair removal is not suitable for the following cases of hair growth:
For blond hair and bloom. There is not enough hair melanin to absorb the energy of any LASER and reach up to the root in order to destroy it.
What will you feel during the session?
When undergoing LASER Alexandrite hair removal using the best appliance of the global market, you feel the confidence of a large American company, the speed and effect of the leading firm in the market for LASER hair removal and the least possible inconvenience, thanks to its perfect cooling mechanism (cryogenic). We are proud of the 3rd generation CANDELA.
Factors that can increase discomfort upon application of the hair removal with the LASER Alexandrite are: dark skin, dark and thick hair growth. In addition, every individual has a different feel and tolerance to discomfort – pain. After 2-3 sessions when hair growth will start to weaken, discomfort is significantly reduced and is not worth mentioning.
How safe is the LASER Alexandrite method?
The safety and effectiveness of a LASER hair removal system depend on the quality of the appliance used, but mostly on the person handling it as well as on whether the system is properly maintained.
At Nefer, we follow all the rules:
• Hair removal is done exclusively by beauticians, graduates of theTechnological Educational Institute of Athens, who have been taught how to carry it out safely in the course of their studies, knowing how to act, all LASERS as well as ways of protection and we are legally allowed to apply them safely..
LASER Alexandrite is manufactured by the American company Candela, which is one of the best LASER manufacturers. It is FDA approved. In addition to its quality, in order to steadily emit the beam chosen by the operator, without fluctuations, it has a built-in cooling system, the cryogenic, which makes the session safer and more comfortable.
Areas where LASER Alexandrite hair removal is applied
– Face: upper lip, eyebrows, glabella, cheekbones (when the beard goes up to the eyes)
– Collarbone (the area where the hair appears on the neck and cervix when wearing a shirt)
It is also a suitable method for the treatment of bursitis. Bursitis occurs to some individuals following hair removal using a razor or wax. Subsequent to this, hair rolls back into the skin irritating the hair follicle. As a result, the area around each hair follicle turns red and may show pimples, dyschromia or scars on more sensitive skin. So when undergoing LASER for permanent hair removal, the factor that irritates the hair follicle is eliminated too, leaving the skin smooth without redness or a “grey” shadow under the skin.
How long does a session last?
The session with the LASER Αlexandrite (GentleLase Pro-U), which is the latest model of the Candela company, provides fast and efficient applications. Sessions last from a few minutes up to 1 hour, depending on the area to be applied.
Indicatively, we list the duration required for some areas when LASER hair removal is applied:
|Area of application||Duration|
|Chest – belly||20′|
|Hands||15’ – 20′|
How the treatment is done
- We clean the area of any traces from make-up, perfume or deodorant.
- We mark the area under treatment.
- We have the hair cut.
- We apply the laser.
- We apply a soothing cream.
- We apply sunscreen
You are not allowed to have LASER Alexandrite:
- If you are taking any medications that cause photosensitivity.
- If you have taken anti-inflammatory drugs during the last week (mesulid, voltaren, ponstan)
- If you apply topically Tretinoin or Retinol
- If you are undergoing acne treatment with isotretinoin
- If you have have a tattoo or permanent makeup on the application area.
- If you have vitiligo (there is a possibility that it will be triggered)
- If you are pregnant
- If you have a sunburn or gone to the solarium.
It is also very important to avoid sun exposure because especially very dark-haired people may experience hypo- or hyper-pigmentations (darker or lighter marks compared to your normal skin colour) after the application of LASER Alexandrite. For this reason, in every session you should inform your beautician in all honesty about any sun or solarium exposure.
What to look out for before your session with LASER Alexandrite?
- If the skin is tanned (from the sun or solarium), you should wait until the tan disappears.
- You should avoid exposure to the sun or solarium for at least 4-6 weeks before the LASER Alexandrite application.
- If using self-tanning creams or you tan using an airbrush, you must stop their application 15-20 days before the hair removal with LASER Alexandrite.
- Do not have your hair decolorized or waxed 4-5 weeks before and after the sessions.
- You may have the hair shaved on your body 1-2 days before the session (following consultation with the beautician).
What to look out for after your session with LASER Alexandrite?
- You should use sun cream, renewing it on a regular basis (every 1-2 hours).
- Avoid exposure to the sun or solarium for 4-6 weeks so that you eliminate the possibility of hyperpigmentation.
- Do not use deodorant for 24 hours (when doing LASER on the armpit).
- Do not rub the area with peeling or a rough sponge.
- Do not pull hair with wax or tweezers.
- Immediately after the LASER hair removal, the area may turn pink or red and blotches may occur, which is expected and quite normal. This can last from several hours up to 2-3 days.
Other information about LASER Alexandrite
- 15 – 20 after the session, your hair will start to fall. However, when hair is very thick or black, LASER Alexandrite exfoliates the hair shaft and it is virtually invisible to the naked eye.
• If hair appears before the next session, shaving is allowed in the area.
• If you follow any medical treatment, you should inform your beautician – when completing your history – because some medicines can make your skin photosensitive while you take them.
Generally, there are no side effects and this is a safe method, in particular the Candela’s LASER Alexandrite GentleLase Pro-U is one of the safest because it has a very good cooling mechanism, the cryogenic, to cool the skin during application.
At Nefer Beauty Salon & Diet Centre, before starting a hair removal treatment with LASER, we always discuss your expectations with you and solve any questions you may have. We will inform you about the rough number of sessions required and at what frequency.
In some cases and particularly on hormone-dependent areas i.e. the face, back and belly, a combination of hair removal methods is required, such as the Diode LASER, IPL hair removal ELOS (combination of pulsed light – IPL & radio frequencies – RF) and the electric hair removal for white or very fine hair that does not have enough melanin to absorb the energy from the LASER or IPL.
Nefer – Video LASER Hair removal
See the relevant video about permanent hair removal using LASER Alexandrite.
LASER ALEXANDRITE packages at affordable prices
|Area of application||Initial price||Offer|
|Men’s back & Shoulders & Chest & Belly||From 270€||200€|
|Full body for Men (with simple bikini line excluding face)||From 550€ – 600€||350€ – 400€|
LASER ALEXANDRITE PRICE LIST
|Area of application||Initial price||Offer|
|Nose (nostrils)||from 30€||–|
|Neck – collar||from 50€||40€|
|Chest & Belly||from 120€||100€|
|Back & Shoulders||from 150€||120€|
|Back & Shoulders & Chest & Belly||from 200€||–|
|Legs (excluding bikini line)||from 150€||–|
|Legs (simple bikini line)||from 200€||–|