LASER Hair removal - Alexandrite (755nm)
Get rid of unwanted hair growth and bursitis quickly and painlessly with the new GentleMax Pro Laser system by Candela. LASER Alexandrite emits monochromatic light with a wavelength of 755nm.
Permanently eliminate hair growth and bursitis with the latest LASER Alexandrite technology at Nefer Beauty Salon & Diet Centre.
LASER Hair removal - Alexandrite by Candela
The Alexandrite laser is a permanent method of hair removal. How many sessions are required?
Hair disappears within 8 sessions at most. The frequency of the visits are as follows: the first 2 – 3 sessions every 1 or 2 months and the remaining ones every 2 or 3 months, i.e. when hair appears again.
When there is a hormonal disorder (e.g. elevated androgens), we notice an increase in hair growth particularly on the face, thighs, belly etc. In these cases, we can not talk about elimination but limitation of hair growth.
When this happens, we recommend regular monitoring by an endocrinologist in order to regulate the endocrine problem.
LASER hair removal is not suitable for the following cases of hair growth:
For blond hair and bloom. There is not enough hair melanin to absorb the energy of the LASER and reach up to the root in order to destroy it.
What will you feel during the session?
When undergoing hair removal using the best appliance of the global market, you feel the confidence of a large American company, the speed and effect of the leading firm in the LASER market for hair removal and the least possible inconvenience, thanks to its perfect cooling mechanism. We are proud of the 3rd generation CANDELA.
Factors that can increase discomfort upon application of the hair removal with the LASER are: dark skin, dark and thick hair growth. In addition, every individual has a different feel and tolerance to discomfort – pain. After 2-3 sessions when hair growth will start to weaken, discomfort is significantly reduced and is not worth mentioning.
How safe is the LASER Alexandrite method?
Candela’s LASER Alexandrite is suitable for all skin types, provided the parameters are adjusted properly.
Safety and effectiveness depend on the quality of the appliance used, but mostly on the person handling it as well as on whether the system is properly maintained.
In our salon, LASER hair removal is done exclusively by beauticians, graduates of theTechnological Educational Institute of Athens, who have been taught how to carry it out safely in the course of their studies, knowing how to act, all LASERS as well as ways of protection. At the same time, the Candela company provides us with excellent information about the use of this system.
Areas where LASER Alexandrite hair removal is applied
– Face: upper lip, eyebrows
– Bikini: simple or brazilian
– Legs: calves, thighs
It is also a suitable method for the treatment of bursitis. Bursitis occurs to some individuals following hair removal using a razor or wax. Subsequent to this, hair rolls back into the skin irritating the hair follicle. As a result, the area around each hair follicle turns red and may show pimples, dyschromia or scars on more sensitive skin. So when undergoing LASER for permanent hair removal, the factor that irritates the hair follicle is eliminated too, leaving the skin smooth without redness or a “grey” shadow under the skin.
How long does a session last?
The session with the LASER Αlexandrite (GentleLase Pro-U), which is the latest model of the Candela company, provides fast and efficient applications. Sessions last from a few minutes up to 1 hour, depending on the area to be applied.
Indicatively, we list the duration required for some areas when LASER hair removal is applied.
|Area of application||Duration|
|Legs – bikini line||40′|
How the treatment is done
– We clean the area of any traces from make-up, perfume or deodorant.
– We mark the area under treatment.
– We have the hair cut.
– We apply the laser.
– We apply a soothing cream.
What to look out for before your session with LASER Alexandrite?
– If the skin is tanned (from the sun or solarium), you should wait until the tan disappears.
– You should avoid exposure to the sun or solarium for at least 4-6 weeks before the LASER Alexandrite application.
– If using self-tanning creams or you tan using an airbrush, you must stop their application 15-20 days before the hair removal with LASER Alexandrite.
– Do not have your hair decolourised or waxed 4-5 weeks before and after the sessions.
– You may have the hair shaved on your body 1-2 days before the session (following consultation with the beautician).
What to look out for after the session?
– You should use sun cream, renewing it on a regular basis (every 1-2 hours).
– Avoid exposure to the sun or solarium for 4-6 weeks so that you eliminate the possibility of hyperpigmentation.
– Do not use deodorant for 24 hours (when doing LASER on the armpit).
– Do not rub the area with peeling or a rough sponge.
– Do not pull hair with wax or tweezers.
– Immediately after the LASER hair removal, the area may turn pink or red and blotches may occur, which is expected and quite normal. This can last from several hours up to 2-3 days.
– 10 – 20 after the session, your hair will start to fall.
– If you are pregnant, it is forbidden to undergo LASER hair removal.
– If you follow any medical treatment, you should inform your beautician – when completing your history – because some medicines can make your skin photosensitive while you take them.
Generally, there are no side effects and this is a safe method, in particular the GentleLase Pro-U laser is one of the safest because it has a very good cooling mechanism to cool the skin during application.
The following are not allowed:
– Any drugs that cause photo-sensitivity (as already mentioned) or in case of veal skin and pregnancy.
– It is also very important to avoid sun exposure because especially very dark-haired people may experience hypo- or hyper-pigmentations (darker or lighter marks compared to your normal skin colour) after the application of LASER. For this reason, in every session you should inform your beautician in all honesty about any sun exposure.
At Nefer, before starting a hair removal treatment with LASER, we always discuss your expectations with you and solve any questions you may have. We will inform you about the rough number of sessions required and at what frequency.
In some cases and particularly on hormone-dependent areas i.e. the face, back and belly, a combination of hair removal methods is required, such as the IPL hair removal ELOS (combination of pulsed light – IPL & radio frequencies – RF) and the electric hair removal for white or very fine hair that does not have enough melanin to absorb the energy from the LASER or IPL.
At Nefer Beauty Salon & Dier Centre, we are able to provide you with all hair removal methods, using the best appliances of the market (LASER Alexandrite – Candela & Aurora ELOS – Syneron), handled by beauticians, graduates of the Technological Educational Institute.
Nefer – Video LASER Hair removal
See the relevant video about permanent hair removal using LASER Alexandrite
LASER packages at affordable prices
|Area of application||Initial price||Offer|
|Legs & Armpits & Simple Bikini Line & Upper Lip||From 230€||180€|
|Legs & Armpits & Brazilian Bikini Line or Hands & Armpits or Upper Lip||From 250€||210€|
|Armpits & Brazilian Bikini Line||From 130€||90€|
|For any of the above ELOS face is suitable||70€||50€|
LASER ALEXANDRITE PRICE LIST
|Area of application||Initial price||Offer|
|Bikini Line for swimsuit||40€||30€|
|Legs – Simple bikini line||180€||150€|
|Legs – Brazilian bikini line||200€||180€|
|Belly (small area)||40€||30€|
|Belly (large area)||70€||50€|